LLISWERRY 8 - 2022
6th February 2022 at 11h30
Race HQ is at Newport International Sports Village, Velodrome Way, NP19 4RA
This 8 mile race has been hosted by Lliswerry Runners for over 35 years. Nicknamed the “flattest race on the planet”, its route takes you around the country lanes of Goldcliff and Nash villages on the edge of Newport. Marshalled by our club members, you are assured of being well looked after with huge smiles, cheers and words of encouragement.
For some runners, the Lliswerry 8 is used as a time trial race leading up to spring marathon season. For others, it's a chance to run their first road race knowing that the course is not too demanding. We understand everyone has their own target, from those at the sharp end to those just starting out. Our club prides itself on being inclusive and the Lliswerry 8 is no exception!
Lliswerry 8 – 2022 Covid Measures
- Race number with timing chips will be posted ahead of the event
- No provision of baggage drop
- No water will be provided on the course, finish line only
- Start area spaced out in order of runner times
- Spaced out t-shirt collection
- Facemask to be worn in venue when using facilities
(Only use 1 browser window to get the best chance of an earlier entry. If the site is fully loaded wait for 10 minutes and try again. Once you have entered close your browser window to allow others to enter.)
Place transfers and cancellation